Skin sagging and folds are among the many signs which come along with aging. As these aging effects may be unattractive, many people opt for skin tightening to improve the skin’s appearance. However, at the mention of skin tightening, the first thing that comes to your mind is a face-lift – a cosmetic medical procedure, which may scare you away. Thanks to advanced medical technology, are less invasive Brighton skin-tightening procedures to help you re-create a youthful look and boost your general appearance.
Examples of Non-surgical Skin Tightening Procedures
This process involves using ultrasound energy to trigger collagen production in different facial areas, including your forehead, cheeks, and eyelids. Ultrasound energy heats cells in targeted areas until they reach a required temperature. A lot of heat on the cells results in cellular damage, which triggers collagen production. Collagen is a protein in your body that facilitates skin elasticity, and its production in the body reduces as you age.
The process requires no downtime, and you can resume everyday activities after treatment. Usually, after one treatment, patients may notice full effects 3 to 6 months after the procedure. However, other times your specialist may recommend multiple sessions to achieve desired results.
Who Is Eligible for Ultrasound Therapy?
As with any other treatment method, this procedure may not offer the desired outcome for everyone.
- Your specialist may recommend ultherapy if you have mild to moderate skin laxity since the process does not offer dramatic results as with surgical procedures.
- Your specialist may advise against this process if you have an open skin lesion, severe acne, or infections in the treatment area.
- Ultherapy is not suitable for older people with severe skin laxity.
This treatment method is used on different areas of your body, including hands, face, and neck. Your specialist may combine micro-needling for better results. During radiofrequency treatment, the energy waves are produced to heat the inner layers of your skin, the dermis, and stimulate collagen and elastin production. For optimal results, your specialist may recommend multiple sessions depending on your skin’s laxity.
What Happens During Treatment?
Your doctor may apply a topical numbing cream to minimize any discomfort during the process and will place a hand-held device against your skin. You may experience heat sensations as the radiofrequency energy penetrates your skin’s tissue.
Treatment lasts for 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the treatment area. Some of the side effects of the process are slight swelling, tingling, and redness on the treated area. However, these effects are temporary, and applying a cooling gel may help relieve the symptoms.
Care Guidelines After Treatment:
- Use sunscreen to protect your skin against ultraviolet rays, which accelerate the skin’s aging process.
- Do not exfoliate your skin during the first several weeks after treatment, as this may increase irritation.
- Avoid lying directly on your face.
- Your doctor may recommend against blood-thinning medications such as dietary supplements for at least two weeks after treatment.
Most non-surgical skin tightening procedures are suitable for all skin types and are performed with no incisions. Schedule a session with your specialist at Gago Wellness for ultrasound therapy to get younger-looking skin and boost your confidence.