People associated with any kind of fitness activities know creatine very well. There is not much awareness about creatine among people. Even most fitness enthusiasts think that it is found only as a creatine supplement. But they don’t know that creatine can be made by our body naturally. That is why creatine supplement is not banned substances in the fitness world to boost your athletic performance. It is one of the most effective and popular supplements that is very much needed in muscle building and strength. Here are some of the benefits and facts you should know about creatine that may change your perception toward health.
Benefits of Creatine:
Here are some of the benefits of creatine that help you to achieve your overall health.
- Explosive Energy: Creatine is very helpful in increasing phosphocreatine stores in your muscles. It aids in ATP formation that is adenosine triphosphate which is a key molecule to produce energy in your cells for your all life functions. When you exercise, ATP is responsible to produce energy. You can say it as a fuel producer during your high intensity training.
- Supports your muscles: For muscle growth, muscle fibers should be healthy and strong. It also boosts the protein formation that is responsible for muscle strength. After your intense training, your muscles break down. Protein helps in faster recovery.
- Helps in High intensity physical activity: Creatine is responsible for improving various factors which include ballistic power, recovery, brain performance, recovery, strength, sprint ability, muscle mass, fatigue resistance, and many more.
- Speeds up the muscle growth: For effective muscle growth, your muscles need good training and a good amount of nutrients to recover fast. Creatine helps to perform better in the gym and makes your body more sensitive toward the nutrients. It is very effective for your both long and short term muscle mass development.
- Weight loss: Creatine may help your weight loss regime to give you energy to perform better in the training. As you perform better in the gym, you need energy to maintain your performance. For that you need to fuel which you get by burning stored fat. This process helps to achieve the lean and thin body shape. Weight loss becomes quite easy with a daily dose of the supplement.
- Brain health: Brain issues like Parkinson’s disease, tends to reduce the dopamine level which is an important neurotransmitter in the brain. Reduction in the dopamine level can cause the cell death which leads to the loss of muscle function, speech impairments, tremors, and other serious side effects. There are other issues like epilepsy, spinal cord or brain injury, ischemic stroke, and other wherein creatine may help.
Creatine is a very effective and powerful supplement that has various positive effects on brain function, physical performance, muscle strength, and growth. If you are a gym goer or someone who feels triesome early, you must give the supplement a try. If you are neither going to the gym nor active in any other intense physical activity, you must consult the doctor before starting to consume it.