The branched-chain amino acid has 20 amino acids that make protein. Each amino acid serves its own purpose. BCAA is mainly used for muscle growth. If you are planning to include BCAA rich foods in your diet, then you have landed at the right place. Read on to know about the BCAA rich foods that you must include in your diet.
Most abundant BCAA food sources are:
- Salmon: 100 grams of salmon contains 200 calories and 4.8 grams of BCAA. It is a good source of protein, vitamin B12, potassium and other nutrients like vitamin D and iron.
- Trout: Trout is an excellent source of protein vitamin B12, omega 3 fatty acids, and niacin. 100 grams of trout gives you 149 calories.
- Sardines: It is a complete protein which means it has all 9 essential amino acids that a human body cannot produce on its own. Apart from protein, sardines also contain omega 3, fatty acids, calcium, vitamins, and minerals.
- Turkey breast: Turkey breast has high-quality protein, less fat and calories. 100 grams of Turkey breast gives 4.6 grams of BCAA.
- Ground beef: Ground beef is also rich in high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals. It helps in improving muscle growth and workout performance. As it is a good source of iron so it can reduce the risk of anaemia. 150 grams of ground beef provides you 5 to 7 grams of BCAA.
Some other BCAA rich foods are
Dairy products, such as milk, yogurt, and cheese:
Consuming dairy products is known for improving bone health, and are also rich in BCAA, protein, and other nutrients like potassium, calcium, and vitamin D.
Eggs: Eggs are a good source of high-quality protein and include vitamin B2, B6, B12, vitamin D, selenium, and minerals like iron, copper, and zinc. 2 eggs give you 3.28g of BCAA.
Beans: Beans are an affordable source of fibre, protein, antioxidants, iron, folate, and vitamins that provide various health benefits. 40 grams or 1 cup serving of black beans gives you 16.6 grams of fibre, 14.5 grams of protein, and 4.56 mg of iron. And edamame beans contain 8.06 grams of fibre, 18.5 grams of protein, and 3.52mg of iron.
Lentils: Lentils are the rich source of plant based protein and can give you up to 36% of phosphorus, 37% of iron, and 49% of manganese of your recommended daily intake. One of the benefits of lentils is that they are also quite rich in protein and fibre that is essential in maintaining healthy intestinal bacteria and good bowel movement. 100 grams of cooked lentils gives you 116 calories, 9.02 grams of protein, 0.38 grams of fat, 7.9 grams of fibre, 1.8 grams of sugar, and 20 grams of carbohydrates
Nuts: Nuts are good sources of protein, fibre, and fat. Most of the nuts contain monounsaturated fat as well as Omega 3 and Omega 6 polyunsaturated fat. Nuts also contain some saturated fat and are loaded with various vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, and magnesium.
Grains: Whole grains are loaded with fibre that reduces constipation and gives you a feeling of fullness in fewer calories. They also contain niacin, thiamine and riboflavin that play a major role in metabolism. Millet, corn, and oats contain the highest amount of BCAA followed by Barley potato brown rice and quinoa.
Tofu: Tofu is a good source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory chemicals. It is also a perfect source of complete protein which means it has a well-balanced amino acid profile, and also contains potassium, fibre, iron, copper, magnesium, and manganese. 100 grams of tofu contains 48 grams of protein, and 480 calories.
If this is the first time that you have read about BCAAs, then you might have many questions about it. One of the main questions would be why to add them to your diet. Well, if you are serious about your fitness regimen, then you should consider adding BCAA rich foods or the best BCAA supplement to your diet. They play a major role during workouts as well as helps in quick recovery from intense exercise. When you take enough branched-chain amino acids from your diet, then you can have a strong immune system and better heart health, which can help in boosting your overall performance in the field or gym. Moreover, they are known for reducing fatigue and muscle soreness. All of these benefits help you to have a good workout with confidence.
So, what are you waiting for? Take your fitness regime to the next level with the help of BCAA rich foods or BCAA supplement. As adding protein-rich foods to your diet can help you achieve that strength and stamina, which is necessary to achieve your fitness goals. All of the foods mentioned above will allow you to begin your workout strong but also be able to obtain the best results you want at the end of your every workout session.