White teeth highlight beauty whenever you smile. Are you dissatisfied with discolorations and staining on your teeth? Luckily, you can regain a set of whiter teeth. If you seek teeth whitening to achieve your aesthetic goals, it will help if you partner with the right professionals. Contact Dr. Dana Samet DDS for a South Bay teeth whitening experience that is second to none.
Professional Dental Treatments Versus Take-home Kits
Take-home kits lack a high concentration of bleaching chemicals; thus, they are not as effective and take much more time. On the other hand, in-office teeth whitening is sufficient for such reasons as; a heat laser may be applied jointly with the professional whitening product to enhance the effects.
A whitening process entails removing stains or discolorations and bleaching your enamel. With age, the layer below the enamel of your tooth (dentin) turns yellow. Professional treatments work to remove deep-set stains on dentin to restore a bright white look.
Some whitening treatments require several visits. However, you may choose in-office whitening treatments like professional take-home kits or Zoom® that last a couple of weeks.
Teeth Whitening Options
Dr. Samet offers an assortment off teeth whitening options such as;
- Whitening toothpaste
- Over-the-counter gels
- In-office professional whitening treatments
- Take-home kits
- Other chemical products
How Teeth Whitening Works
During a tooth whitening treatment, hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide-based chemical bleach is applied. The bleaching breaks stains into tinier particles that disperse the color. As a result, your teeth achieve a whiter shade.
Tooth whitening products are completely secure and lack side effects or risks. Besides the slight possibility of developing mild tooth sensitivity, your treatment will be comfortable and safe. Application of the bleach brings a whiter appearance to your teeth and also breaks down deep-set stains. These products are best in use for short periods of time but in high concentrations.
Upon your first visit, Dr. Samet studies your gums and teeth, then discusses various teeth whitening alternatives ideal for you. If you please, you can then begin treatment immediately. You are at liberty to listen to your favorite music to pass the time while doctor Samet eliminates the discolorations to bring out a sparkling white smile.
At Dental Art of South Bay, patients receive a wide range of state-of-the-art services such as;
- Implants Specialist- As a result of disease or tooth decay, you may experience tooth loss. Dr. Samet offers Dental implants to stabilize crowns, dentures, or bridges, thus giving you a stronger dental foundation.
- Invisalign® Specialist- If you seek this revolutionary tooth straightening technique, Dr. Samet and his professionals offer expert Invisalign teeth straightening services to correct crooked or misshapen teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry Specialist- This treatment emphasizes improving the quality of your smile. Dr. Samet conducts top-class cosmetic dentistry techniques such as CERE® dental crowns and veneers.
- Orthodontics Specialist- Are you worried about malocclusion or misaligned teeth? If left unmanaged, these conditions might lead to headaches, jaw pain, or periodontal disease. Visit Dr. Dana for services aiming to realign crooked teeth and relieve pain symptoms.
If you are afraid to flaunt your smile because of yellow dental characteristics, know that you can do something about it. Contact Dr. Samet of Dental Art South Bay for snow-white teeth and the benefits that come along with it.